Who we are:
CARE Pharmacies Cooperative Inc. is a growing independent retail chain that has served different communities for more than 64 years. Headquarters in Elkridge, Maryland, CARE is a proud member of NACDS, NASP, NCPA, APhA, Maryland Pharmacists Association, NCBA, and the D.C. Pharmacy Association. CARE Pharmacies combines the quality of a trusted local pharmacy with the growth and stability of a national organization. CARE now has over 130 pharmacies nationwide and is growing. CARE understands its patients, their special needs, prescriptions, local community health concerns, and the importance of personalized CARE – the building blocks to a healthy family and a strong local community.
About the Job:
Our team members are essential to everything we do. At CARE Pharmacies Cooperative, Inc., we are collectively dedicated to shaping healthier futures, valuing each individual as vital to accomplishing this mission. If you aspire to make a meaningful contribution to the forefront of healthcare and if you are passionate about elevating pharmacy business, improving healthcare outcomes, and driving success in a dynamic industry, we invite you to apply for this rewarding Pharmacy Business Coach position.
Pharmacy Business Coach’s primary responsibility is to provide guidance, support, and strategic advice to CARE pharmacy owners and staff to optimize business operations and enhance overall performance. You will play a crucial role in fostering a culture of excellence, driving growth, and ensuring the delivery of high-quality pharmaceutical services.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of pharmacy operations, identifying areas of improvement. Provide coaching to pharmacy staff on best practices for customer service, sales, and operational efficiency.
- Addresses existing problems within basic pharmacy functional areas to identify potential areas of weakness within the operation.
- Acts as an instructor and subject matter expert to provide advice, guidance and feedback on store operations and business strategy.
- Develops and maintains a strong base of working knowledge of the retail market, including industry trends, competitive intel, and pressures facing customers.
- Drives results by mapping opportunities to specific needs, diagnoses problems and recommends targeted solutions to CARE members.
- Guides in-store implementations and works with the corresponding personnel.
- Stays informed about industry regulations and ensure that pharmacies comply with all relevant laws and standards.
- Develop tailored business strategies to optimize efficiency, increase profitability, and enhance customer satisfaction. Prepares necessary reports by compiling pharmacy data and creating pharmacy dashboards.
- Guides pharmacy members about the best purchasing opportunities through different platforms including Surecost.
- Works closely with the CEO and staff to determine customer needs and proactively develop and identify growth opportunities.
- Continually maintain and input coaching activities with all CARE Pharmacies
- Must be willing to travel (including overnight travel) within the assigned customer base; travel to events such as conferences, national and local trade conventions.
- Performs related duties as assigned including participation at CARE Board meetings.
- Foster strong relationships and communicate efficiently with pharmacy owners, staff and cooperative members.
The ideal candidate for this position holds a comprehensive education in disciplines like pharmacy, business administration, sales, marketing, computer science or related fields. Four- year bachelor’s degree Program with a minimum of eight (8) years of industry experience. The qualifications aim to ensure that the candidate has a strong foundation and a proven track record of success in fields relevant to the position.
- Proven experience in pharmacy management, business coaching, or similar role.
- Working knowledge of the retail pharmacy industry including trends and challenges facing customers and different sourcing platforms.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and adapt communication style to various audiences.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of value, profit, and budgeting.
- Advanced knowledge of techniques to improve profitability of a small business.
- Proven successful business tactics; credible image in the industry; good marketing skills.
- Ability to forecast, set goals, and train others.
- Knowledge of product and customer service standards for retail business
- Advanced analytical and probing skills, including proficiency in related computer programs such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Strong presentation skills as well as organizational and prioritization skills with attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
What CARE Pharmacies Offers:
We provide compensation, benefits, and resources that enable a highly inclusive culture and support our team members’ ability to live with purpose every day. In addition to traditional offerings like medical, dental, and vision care, we also provide a comprehensive suite of benefits that focus on the physical, emotional, financial, and social aspects of wellness.
Full time. Hybrid.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CARE Pharmacies Cooperative is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.