The National Community Pharmacy Association has honored eight independent pharmacies with its inaugural NCPA Innovation Center Excellence Awards. The Alexandria, Va.-based organization said it created the awards, which are partly sponsored by CoverMyMeds, to recognize pharmacies that have enhanced their spaces to better serve patients and communities.
NCPA said that it received more than 70 submissions for pharmacies seeking recognition in such categories as Best External Remodel, Best Advertising/Marketing Promotion, Best End-Cap, Best Public Event and Best Customer Convenience Improvement.
“The NICE Awards spotlight the best of community pharmacy branding and marketing – the innovations and redesigns that have made promotions more effective and patients’ experiences more rewarding,” said Kurt Proctor, PhD, president of the NCPA Innovation Center. “Small businesses have to be nimble in the competitive marketplace and this year’s eight recipients are a testament to the power of successful reinvention. Congratulations to all of the eight pharmacy honorees on this well-deserved recognition.”
The winners were:
- Best External remodel – Centralia Pharmacy in Centralia, Wash.
- Best Internal Remodel – Skywalk Pharmacy in New Berlin, Wis.
- Best End-Cap – Stephens Pharmacy and Northeast Med-Equip in Honesdale, Pa.
- Best Exterior Sign – Davies Drugs in Canton, Ohio
- Best Advertising/Marketing Promotion – AXIS Pharmacy Northwest in Mountlake Terrace, Wash.
- Best Social Media Campaign – Love Oak Pharmacy in Eastland, Texas
- Best Public Event – Petricone’s Torrington Pharmacy in Torrington, Conn.
- Best Customer Convenience Improvement – Good Day Pharmacy in Loveland, Colo.
The winners were selected by three judges — Pharmacy Development Services president Dan Benamoz, Hamacher Resource Group vice president of strategic relations Dave Wendland and Pharm Fresh Media president Liz Tiefenthaler.